- Visiting Us
- Our Range
- Plant Finder
- Coffee House
- Contact Us
Indoor Plant of the Month – Gerbera
Gerberas are popular houseplants with beautiful, brightly coloured flowers, from sunshine yellow to cerise pink, with well-defined daisy-like petals. Gerberas make for a perfect gift, or a cheerful, vibrant addition to any bright airy room.
Secrets for Success
- Good light position avoiding strong summer sun.
- Cool to average warmth, no higher than 21˚C with good air circulation, ideal temperature 12˚C – 16˚C.
- Provide humidity when temperature is above 15˚C by misting leaves with rain water or standing on damp Hydroleca.
- Keep compost just moist, allowing the surface to dry between watering.
- Feed every two weeks in spring and summer and once a month in winter using a high potash feed e.g. Tomato feed.
We have a stunning selection of Gerberas in our Houseplant Department ready to brighten up your spring home!