- Visiting Us
- Online Shop
- Outdoor Living
- Bird Care & Wildlife
- Compost & Fertilisers
- Garden Essentials
- Garden Gloves
- Home Composting
- Lawn Care
- Tools & Machinery
- Seasonal Products
- Indoor Plants & Care
- Gifts & Gift Vouchers
- Our Range
- Plant Finder
- Seasons Café
- Contact Us
We are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Information about you
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address, postal address, phone number and gender
- Demographic information such as post code, buying preferences and interests.
- Information contained in your CV application form or covering letter, such as employment history, salary levels, education, or other information you provide for our consideration if you are applying for a job at Aylett’s.
- Images using CCTV throughout our centre.
We aim to ensure that information we hold will be accurate and up-to-date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them.
How we collect
We may collect information in a number of ways
- Joining our AylettPlus scheme – if you choose to join, you will complete a registration card requesting personal detail including title, name, address including postcode.
- Ordering products – if you order products from us you will give us personal information necessary to process, confirm and complete your order. This will include the delivery address and payment details.
- Purchasing event tickets – if you purchase event tickets from us we will require personal information including you name, postal address, email address and credit card details.
- Contacting us – if you contact us with an enquiry or order we will hold your details in order to respond and/or process as above
- Social media – if you participate in discussions on social media or our website you may give us information such as your name and address, email addresses and phone number
- Competitions survey and promotions – if you enter any competitions or promotions we run, or complete a survey either online or on paper, you will provide personal information to us
- Customer delivery – if you request delivery of a product purchased from us, we will require your name, delivery address and phone number
- Applying for a job – providing your job application data is voluntary, however if your chose not to provide all of the information requested, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to fulfill orders
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- to contact you by telephone
- to send promotional emails, postal mailings about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- We may use CCTV footage to identify individuals or vehicles for security purposes
When we collect information in the above ways, we will only keep that information for a relevant amount of time associated with its purpose.
- AylettPlus information is held indefinitely or until you request it to be removed which you are welcome to do at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or calling us on 01727 822255
- Enquires made via post or email are kept for 12 months to allow any further correspondence and queries, after this time they are destroyed or deleted.
- Complaints – we keep for 12 months once a successful resolution has been reached.
- We never keep any payment card details once an order has been processed.
- Delivered Goods – we keep name, address and telephone number for 5 years to allow any further correspondence, queries, repeat orders and warranty claims, after this time they are anonymised.
- If you have applied for a job with us, during the recruitment process only selected employees of Aylett Nurseries Ltd will have access to your Job Application data.The job application data you provide will be used to assess your application for employment with us, to verify your information, to conduct reference checks and to communicate with you. Should you be unsuccessful in your application we will seek your permission to retain your information in order to inform you of further career opportunities we may have. If you give this permission your information will be retained securely for six months.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our website uses Google Analytics to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic in order to improve our website and tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Please refer to Google’s documentation on the Google Analytics product for more information.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you do not wish Google Analytics to store cookies on your computer you can download and install an add-on for your web browser. Although your browser may be set up to allow the creation of cookies, you can specify that you are prompted before a site puts a cookie on your hard disk. This enables you to decide whether to allow or disallow the cookie. You can find out how to do this on: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1. Alternatively, you can set your computer not to accept any cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should not that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore,we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you proved whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this policy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam).
Of course, should this policy change this document will be updated accordingly. This policy is effective from 10th April 2018.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy please email us.
Click here to send us any comments about this website.